How-To: A Chic Chignon for Summer
If the muggy weather has you wishing you could shave off your frizzy tresses for the season, it might be time to try a chic, easy updo instead. Renee Thomas from RZ & Company walks us through a flattering and intricate-looking bun you can accomplish in a matter of minutes.
To start off with, Renee recommends doing this updo with hair that hasn’t been washed in a day or hair with product in it; clean hair can be too slippery to stay put.
- Put your hair in a ponytail. A low ponytail is easier for shorter hair, and it creates a more classic look, but a high ponytail will create an end-look that is sleek and trendy.
- Divide the ponytail into two equal sections.
- Twist each section twice in opposite sections. It works best if you’re twisting outwards.
- Cross the two twisted sections over each other twice.
- Twist each individual section once and cross them over one another again. Repeat until you run out of length.
- Wrap the twisted ponytail around its base.
- Tuck the ends under and secure with pins.Finish your look off with fun hair accessories like headbands, sparkly barrettes, or even feathers! Heavy bangs are also very trendy right now and would look great with this chic chignon.
Special thanks to Heather Schwartz for being a wonderful hair model!
RZ & Company, 6602 Odana Rd., Madison; (608) 827-7979 or rzco.com