WKOW Segment: Holiday style on a budget
If you had a chance to catch Wake up Wisconsin Monday morning on WKOW, you might have seen little ol’ me talking about holiday fashion with Barbara Vaughan. Barbara and I headed to The Purple Goose in Verona to chat about a few quick and inexpensive updates for holiday dressing.
Here are a few of my tips:
1. Stand out with statement jewelry. Give new life to those detailed dresses that have been in your closet for years by adding a statement necklace or glamorous earrings. Just be sure the necklace doesn’t compete with any detailing.
2. Add a cardigan and a scarf. Thought you could never get more use out of those cotton dresses? Think again! A cardigan over the top provides a colorful twist, and a scarf with a hint of sparkle is the perfect icing on your (style) cake. Click here for instructions on tying the scarf as shown in the segment.
- (Dress and cardigan courtesy of The Purple Goose; Scarf courtesy of Cornblooms, Hilldale)
3. Belt it! Even those shapeless bags in the back of your closet can look refreshed and refined! Sling a belt across your hips or try a thicker, waist belt for an hourglass figure.
- (Belt courtesy of Cornblooms, Hilldale; Dress courtesy of J. LaMore)
4. Try some tights. No matter what dress you’ve planned on wearing for your outings, chances are you’ll want a little leg coverage to prepare for chilly weather. Throw out those nude pantyhose and choose colored tights for a chic accessory. If this season’s trendy lace, patterns or colors aren’t your style, there’s nothing wrong with basic, opaque black tights.
- (Tights courtesy of Cornblooms, Hilldale)